"There are two ways of developing a website: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult."
Do you know the difference between good web development and bad web development? If you can answer yes, we need to meet you! We’re always on the lookout for fresh talent to join our team so if the below sounds like you apply today.
Working in a fast paced environment, you’ll be challenged on a daily basis so will be passionate about ‘all things web’. From bespoke WordPress theme creation, to integration with payment gateways such as SagePay, every day is full on development. An appetite to stay up-to date with web development best practices, and web development in general is essential.
You’ll be a whiz with PHP and MySQL as well as frontend languages such as HTML 5 and CSS 3. You’ll also be a team player who’s great at sharing your knowledge and best practice – but never afraid to admit when someone has a better idea!
You’ll be working closely with the Creative team and Account Managers throughout all stages of web site design and development, and your input is invaluable.
The Must Have’s
- HTML 5
- CSS 2 & 3
- WordPress theme development
- Basic understanding of SEO concepts and considerations
- Experience with wordpress and wordpress plugins
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
The Nice To Have’s
- 2 years commercial MVC experience (preferably Laravel, Zend or CodeIgniter)
- Proven commercial experience in OO PHP
- Understanding of normalized database design
- Linux/Windows server administration
- Ability to work with third party API’s and plugins
- Payment gateways, e.g. SagePay, PayPal, WorldPay, etc…
- SVN, GIT, Mercurial, etc…
- Grunt or Gulp
|Location:||227 Bury New Road, Whitefield, Manchester, M45 8GW|
|Transport:||MetroLink station across the road & local parking available|
|Hours:||Full time, 9:00am – 5:30pm (5:00pm on Fridays)|
|Holidays:||20 days (Plus Bank Holidays and Christmas Close)|
No thanks – we work with approved Agencies who know when we need them!